GENERAL INFORMATIONFriends of Different Learners is pleased to sponsor the 15th annual Camp and Resource Fair on Saturday, February 4, 2017 from 11:00 am- 2:00 pm. This fair is an information vehicle servicing families seeking camps and programs that accept children with special needs in both self-contained and inclusion environments. Last year, approximately 75 organizations participated in the fair and we are proud to have drawn over 150 families from the tri-county area. Once again, the fair will be located at Groves High School in Beverly Hills, MI. Without doubt, this is your best platform for advertising your program or service.
Register for a Table!
Deadline to register is December 15, 2016
Your registration fee of $25.00 includes the following:
- a location on our floor equipped with a table and power if needed
- a listing in our camp fair program, which every visitor receives
- a 2-year listing on our website as a 2017 participant along with your contact information and a short description of your program or service
- a continental breakfast beginning at 9:00 am
Buy An Ad!
See detailed information in the orange box to the right.
If You Cannot Attend
You Still Have
2 Opportunities to Showcase Your Organization!
can provide materials!
If you cannot attend the fair, but would like us to provide information to our attendees, please send your materials to Jo Ellen Schwartz 1554 Maryland Birmingham, MI 48009 prior to January 15, 2017. We will display all such materials on one table, and recommend that you send enough for 50 families, as not all of our attendees will take every flyer, and we would like to minimize waste.
can Buy an Ad!
Advertising in our Membership Directory or Camp and Resource Fair Program is another great opportunity to showcase your organization if you can't attend in person. See detailed information in the orange box to the right.
Other Things You Should Know!
- Friends of Different Learners is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, so your registration (donation) fee is tax deductible. Deadline to register is December 15, 2017. Go back to the previous page and find the orange box with Vendor Only Information and click on Vendor Registration. We accept payment by check or with a credit card through PayPal.
- The Camp and Resource is well attended. Advertisement about this event will be in the form of public service announcements in local and tri-county area publications and via e-mail to our mailing list of over 600, where it quickly fans out to others. Ads will be posted in all of our district schools and website in Birmingham and we encourage other districts to post it as well. As always, word of mouth is our best form of advertising.
- In January, weather conditions could cause Groves High School to close unexpectedly. It is very important that you provide us with all phone numbers so that we will be able to reach you should this happen.
If you have questions or need additional information, please call Aryn Zwierzchowski at 248-318-5148 or Jo Ellen Schwartz 248-646-5172. In the event you have difficulty registering, please email us at email@example.com.
Please join us for a
We know the hours are long and because we are grateful for your participation, Friends of Different Learners will be providing a Continental Breakfast to all registered participants this year. Many of you travel several hours to join us and it would be our pleasure to make this available to you. Please speak to one of our volunteers upon your arrival and we will escort you to the breakfast area beginning at 9:00 am. During this time, we encourage you to meet representatives from other organizations, exchange ideas and look for needs in the community.
We offer two publications
in which you can advertise your organization to families of different
learners. Your advertising support in
our Membership Directory and/or Camp and Resource Fair Program allows Friends
of Different Learners to educate and inform our community about different
learners through our many annual programs like the Camp and Resource Fair,
Disability Awareness Workshop, LINKS, Appreciation Awards, and our monthly
1. Friends of Different Learners
The deadline for advertising in our Membership Directory is October 31, 2016.
You may choose to purchase a b/w business card size advertisement in our Membership Directory which is a 5 ½ by 8 ½ inch booklet that is mailed to our entire membership list. This is an opportunity to advertise to members who may not be able to attend the Camp and Resource Fair in January. Registration and advertising fees received after Oct. 31 will be the same price but you will not be eligible for a business card ad in the Membership Directory.
2. The Camp and Resource Fair Program
The deadline for advertising in the Camp and Resource Fair Program is December 15, 2016.
The Camp and Resource Program is a multipage 5 ½ by 8 ½ inch program. Every vendor who purchases a table will be listed in the program along with their table number so that attendees can find them. You may also choose to purchase a b/w business card or b/w full page ad in our Camp and Resource Program which will be handed out to every family in attendance on February 4, 2017. As in the past every vendor will also be listed on our web site for two years.
Opportunities for Organizations Attending the Camp Fair!
- $50.00* - Business Card size advertisement in either the Camp and Resource Fair Program or the Membership Directory.
- $60.00* - Business Card size advertisement in both the Camp and Resource Fair Program and the Membership Directory.
- $100.00* - Business Card size advertisement in the Membership Directory plus a Full Page advertisement in the Camp and Resource Fair Program
*Also includes a table at the Camp and Resource Fair + a listing in the Camp and Resource Fair Program + a two year listing on our web site + a light dinner
if you cannot attend!
Advertising in our Membership Directory or Camp and Resource Fair Program is another great opportunity to showcase your organization if you can't attend in person. We accept payment with a credit card through PayPal only.
- $35.00 - Business Card size advertisement in either the Camp and Resource Fair Program or The Membership DIrectory plus a listing on our website.
- $45.00 - Business Card size advertisement in both the Camp and Resource Fair Program and The Memebership Directory plus a listing on our website.
- $75.00 - Full Page advertisement in the Camp and Resource Fair Program plus a listing on our website
Friends of Different Learners
P.O. Box 233
Birmingham MI 48012-0233
1 Corporate Drive
Southfield, MI 48076
2601 W. Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI 48084
Holiday Inn Express Detroit-Birmingham
35270 Woodward Ave.
Birmingham, MI 48009
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Bloomfield Hills
39475 Woodward Ave
Bloomfield Hills, MI, 48304